When comparing jobs in the market, there are other factors to consider other then just the base salary. These may be questions you want to have answered so you can make an informed decision when comparing jobs.
Job Benefit Questions
- What type of benefits will I be eligible for?
- What will benefits cost me?
- Do you have a 401k match? If so, what is it?
- Am I immediately vested for the company match on the 401k, or is there a waiting period?
- May I enroll in the 401k immediately, or is there a waiting period?
- How is vacation time accrued? When do I become eligible for it?
Job Pay Questions
- When will my salary be reviewed and how often?
- What are the historical standards for merit increases?
- Am I eligible for a bonus? How is the bonus determined?
- How does the company ensure that salaries remain competitive?
- If salaries become non-competitive, does the company make adjustments?
Job Work Environment Questions
- What is the structure of the department I will work in?
- What is my manager’s view on work/life balance?
- What are the company’s views on work/life balance?
- Will I be able to work from home at all?
Job Development Questions
- What type of training will I be eligible for?
- Will the company pay for professional organization dues?
- What is the tuition reimbursement policy?
- What is the expected (potential) career ladder for this position?
Job Stability Questions
- If layoffs were to occur, does this company give severance packages?
- Do you offer relocation packages (when applicable)?